Monday 8 June 2009

Draw me closer Lord!

Dear Lord and Father, I commit myself anew to spend a daily time with You in Bible reading and prayer. I realise that the object is not just to get to know more about You but to develop my personal relationship with You. Friend to friend. Servant to Lord. I promise to spend time each day with You and I know that my spiritual life depends on it.

Dear Lord and Father, please refresh my commitment to worshipping You together with other believers each week. Deliver me from just ‘attending meetings’ and help me to see each time of worship as an opportunity to meet with you.

Lord and Merciful Father, remind me to talk to you throughout the day. Teach me to carry on a regular conversation with you in the quietness of my own heart, depending on you as problems arise and rejoicing in you as victories come.

Father Lord, I know that Your Supper is not just a religious ritual. Whenever I do this, it will be in remembrance of you, my best friend and my living Lord.

All these things I ask you in Jesus Christ name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment