Wednesday 15 April 2009

In Need of A Love Top Up

Dear Heavenly Father, God of Love

This day, all I ask as I muddle through my NOW to my Later
Is that you come fill me anew with your kind of love
I am running on empty for some reason and I sorely need a top up

On the outside I look and sound the same but I know and you know
That I am running on fumes. I need your love to flow a fresh in me
I need a refill so desperately Lord and only you can do this.
Will you hear me?
Will you fill my cup?
Here it is, I am lifting it up.

Love that tolerates more
Love that suffers long
Love that overlooks
Love that holds no grudges
Love that reaches out
Love that freely gives, nothing asking in return
Love that does not wait for good to show up
Yes, Lord, this kind of love am I in search of
And I know YOU are the only ONE that can give me this kind of love the way I need it.
Cos you ARE this kind of love
Lord, In Jesus Christ's name, I ask you now.
Give me more of you NOW. This hour.
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment